Mentor, OH 44060 US
A large company is seeking a yard associate to load, unload, move materials in warehouse and yard and maintain well organized and safe yard operations. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Pull and stage materials, load and unload materials to pallets, racks, shelves, into delivery vehicles, and install strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
- Properly and safely receives vendor shipments, receive, unload rail cars and trucks, and places material into proper location
- Maintain a neat and orderly yard, as well as, knowledge of and practice proper material handling techniques to reduce damage to goods
- Stack or assemble materials into bundles and band bundles together
- Utilize forklift, pallet jack, and cart for unloading and storing of materials
- Prepare for incoming shipment by pulling or rotating old stock
- Wait on customers picking up items, assist with loading of materials, and treat customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Continuously and consistently adhere to all company safety policies and procedures and wear Personal Protective Equipment as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED; or 1 to 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry is needed
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and deal with problems
- Must be able to operate forklift and other material handling equipment and tolerate and function in adverse seasonal climate changes
- Must be comfortable climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and move up to 100 pounds
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.