Workers Compensation Paralegal
Beachwood, OH 44122 US
A busy law firm is seeking a Paralegal with Workers Compensation or Litigation support experience to handle pleadings, briefs, and other legal duties. Work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Meet with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects
- Request and/or request medical records, itemized billing statements, subrogation liens, or other accident-related documentation
- File BWC forms, motions, and pleadings according to judicial procedures and prepare hearing packets for hearings
- Enter attorney time into Timeslips
- Schedule appointments and meetings, prepare, organize, store, and retrieve case files
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have Paralegal and Workers Compensation experience, knowledge of workers’ compensation claim process, and how to request medical records
- Must have the ability to draft legal documents and understand legal language and principles, court pleadings, processes, and other related matters
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills.
- Must be able to pay a high attention to detail with outstanding time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and prioritization skills while being able to work well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment is needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment
Only those candidates that can pass a background check or drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.