Mentor, OH 44060 | Direct Hire
A fast-growing manufacturing company is offering an immediate, full-time position to a Welding Supervisor. You will lead, coach, and manage the welding department to achieve quality and effective welds and welding techniques in a safe and efficient manner. Work hours are 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Manage all day-to-day production welding related issues
- Drive welding shop performance, including on-time delivery, quality, and scrap levels, etc.
- Oversee welders to ensure components and materials are made to specifications
- Evaluate blueprints, sketches, and related specifications to calculate dimensions independently and accurately and bring any discrepancies to sales/engineering’s attention
- Ensure torches and power supplies are handled and used in a safe and effective manner
- Perform on-the-job training and coaching
- Produce strong welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum 8 years of welding experience
- Must be certified by an accredited welding school or a minimum of 3 additional years of experience
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience is required
- Must have experience overseeing, evaluating, and coaching others on welding techniques and processes
- Must be able to work independently to produce quality, accurate welds and test welds
- Must have strong math and analytical abilities
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds regularly is required
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
This company offers a comprehensive benefit package upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.