Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor - Third Shift
Broadview Heights, OH 44147
A local business service company is seeking a Vehicle Maintenance Supervisor who will oversee the day-to-day operations and provide leadership and direction to the vehicle maintenance staff. This is a third shift position working 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Ensure all work performed by staff is completed in a safe manner and in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies
- Supervise the maintenance staff, including training, scheduling work assignments, performance management, discipline, and authorization of overtime
- Perform and monitor vehicle inspections
- Ensure the maintenance department maintains quality and safety standards and work is completed safely, effectively, and expeditiously
- Review work orders and ensure parts inventory is maintained
- In the event of vehicle breakdowns, perform road calls to make mechanical repairs to vehicles and perform road tests
- Perform other related duties as required
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience performing repairs and maintenance on diesel powered heavy vehicles, hydraulics, equipment, and related components
- Welding, waste industry, and management experience is preferred
- Must be familiar using repair manuals, electrical wiring, and schematics
- Must have OSHA and DOT knowledge
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently, make decisions, prioritize work, and resolve problems
- Must have a valid driver’s license (CDL preferred) with no more than 3 moving violations on driving record in the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions within the past 5 years, or license suspensions within last 2 years
- Must have steel toed boots
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays
Only candidates that can pass a background, BMV check, and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.