Utility Worker - 2 Needed - First/Third Shifts
Mentor, OH 44060 US
A manufacturing company is seeking Utility Workers who will be responsible for assisting in reaching 100% utilization by ensuring smooth operations on the shop floor and providing support to various departments. There is an opening on both first and third shifts.
- Stage finished goods, move products as needed, and stage "On Deck" materials for next job
- Pull and return raw materials, replenish scrapped and shortage materials, restock leftover materials, and remove empty Gaylords as needed
- Monitor pulled orders, line up jobs per schedule, ensure appropriate amount of work is pulled, and monitor work moving to areas
- Anticipate all needed back-flushed items and maintain staging area for skids, boxes, etc.
- Assist in moving finished products to pallets, in box fabrication, and moving scrap to certain locations
- Monitor a clean and organized work area, breakdown all cardboard, empty vacuum bags, assist in garbage removal, and all clean-up
- Restock items, assist in staging tools and materials, and tool clean-up
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production environment is preferred
- Must have the ability to operate material handling equipment and lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have excellent organization and communication skills
- Basic math and computer skills are needed; Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to separate problems with processes and equipment from people and be logical and equitable in their approach
- Must have the ability to pay attention to detail, be accurate, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to follow all standard operating and safety procedures
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.