Sr. Siemens Automation Engineer
Eastlake, OH 44095
A computer design and installation company is seeking a Sr. Siemens Automation Engineer for a Direct Hire, first shift opportunity.
- Develop PLC, drive based machine, HMI, and SCADA control solutions that met customer specifications, safety standards, and all requirements
- Work directly with engineers and managers on control automation projects
- Responsible for software designs, templates, development, and supervising the production of equipment, processes systems, and sub-systems
- Control system design, specification, programming, simulation, and testing
- Supervise the budget, testing, and commissioning of projects
- Involvement with all aspects of a project, identify milestones, and meet specifications, and deadlines
- Design and product drawings and prepare specifications and requirements
- Train end user personnel on system
- Perform other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelors or high degree in Engineering or Automation. MS Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Must have 5 to 10 years’ Automation Engineering experience
- Must have proven experience in PLC – Siemens Step 7 & Siemens TIA Portal Programming and Configuration and HMI Siemens SIMATIC
- Must have a working knowledge of NEC, NFPA-79, and UL-508 and an understanding of AC and DC Motor Theory and Drives
- Must be able to read electrical schematics for control systems
- Must be proficient with PLC and HMI Programming and AutoCAD. Robot programming experience is a plus
- Must have the ability to interact with customers and vendors in a professional manner
- Must be creative, inventive, logical, practical, analytical, innovative, and technologically capable
- Must be willing to learn new products when needed
- Must be detail and report oriented, able to work independently, and as part of a team
This company offers professional challenges, personal rewards, competitive compensation, and a benefit package upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-646-2416 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.