Speech Language Pathologist
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 US
An educational center is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to assess and treat persons with speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders. You will work, first shift, 7.50 hours each day; however, some after hours and weekend work may be needed.
- Provide speech and language services to school age students
- Screen and evaluate language, communication skills, and hearing of students, and score, write, and maintain communicative status reports
- Gather data concerning speech, language, and communication targets, monitor and document student progress, and adjust accordingly
- Assist with writing quality multi-factored evaluations and individualized education programs as needed and conduct lessons or direct educational or therapeutic games to assist teachers dealing with speech problems
- Develop or implement treatment plans for individual problems based on own assessments and recommendations of physicians, psychologists, or social workers
- Coordinate paperwork, schedule case management activities, or writing lesson plans, and develop individual or group activities or programs in schools to deal with behavior, speech, language, or other problems
- Educate patients and family members about various topics, design, develop, or employ alternative diagnostic or communication devices or strategies, and develop speech exercise programs to reduce disabilities
- Act in accordance with the Licensure Code of Professional Conduct for Ohio Educators and comply to all board policies and administrative guidelines and procedures
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology, a valid ODE License in Speech Pathology, and a valid State of Ohio Licensure in Speech Pathology
- Must have previous experience in a school setting and other qualifications the Board/Superintendent may find permissible for this position
- Must be able to keep all professional license(s) applicable to position current at all times
- Must have the ability to serve as a role model to students, be a team player, and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, and telephone skills
- Must be computer literate with accurate data entry skills
- Must have a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to travel to meetings and work assignments, as well as, working outside normal working hours and on weekends
Only those candidates that can pass a background, BCI/FBI check, and drug screen will be considered.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Speech Language Pathologist position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (440) 788-4151, or TEXT “your name & 172277” to (440) 646-2409.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.