Spanish Interpreter - Short-term
Cleveland, OH 44102 US
An educational facility is seeking an individual to provide interpreter services to Spanish speaking students in the areas of academic instruction and Mental Health Day Treatment services. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Align practice and work with the agency mission, vision, and guiding principles
- Provide interpreting in the delivery of mental health related services including group meetings and the social-emotional curricula in partnership with the Associate Teacher-Counselor and Teacher-Counselor
- Interpret and support the academic program and instructional activities under the guidance of the Teacher-Counselor and during team conferences with the client and/or family members
- Accompany class and students on class outings, assist with clerical assignments, and assist in the supervision of students throughout the day, including lunch, art, music, etc.
- Prepare for classroom interpreting by becoming familiar with materials for the day in advance and utilize safe work practices for self and others
- Demonstrate word processing skills and program navigation skills
- Participate in all required trainings; Vehicle Safety, First Aid, CPR, Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Standards of Practice, as well as, parent conferences, team meetings, and staff meetings
- Work respectfully with a culturally diverse population of clients and adhere to PEP policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be proficient in English and Spanish
- One year experience working with behaviorally or emotionally challenged children and youth is preferred
- Must have accurate oral and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to demonstrate effective decision-making skills
- Must be able to utilize good judgement under routine and stressful work conditions
- Must be able to work professionally, effectively, and collaboratively with others
- Must have the ability to participate in therapeutic outdoor education/field trips which may involve hiking, biking, climbing, and swimming
- Basic computer skills with hand-eye coordination skills
- Must be a representative of the agency and profession, present self with decorum and professional, and adhere to PEP policies and procedures
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Only candidates that can pass a criminal background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.