Avon, OH 44011 US
A Shipping/Receiving Specialist is needed to coordinate all domestic and international shipments and ensure customer specifications are followed and arrive at their destination damage-free and on time. In addition, you will process inventory receiving transactions and coordinate the daily flow of product and supplies. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Process shipping documentation, assure package to arrive at the destination undamaged, coordinate schedule of inbound containers, and arrange pick-up of international freight
- Work closely with Customer Service to provide shipment status, tracking information, and quote preparation
- Receive, examine, and unpack all incoming shipments and provide support in reconciling packing slips to invoices and purchase orders
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Department Managers on status of overdue parts
- Deliver inventory or supplies into their proper locations, rotate stock, and identify date of expiration
- Provide back-up for leading daily shipping meetings
- Operate pallet jack or forklift to unload, transport, and load parts
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment
- Comply with all company safety rules, procedures, and objectives
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least 2 years Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory experience; Including International shipments and LTL/TL
- Experience with UPS World Ship and FexEx Ship Manager is required
- Must have forklift and/or pallet jack experience
- Must have basic ERP and Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook knowledge
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills while being highly detail-oriented
- Must be highly accurate when working with details and number, along with a strong math aptitude
- Must have the ability to solve problems, interact with team members, and work under pressure in a complex environment
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
Only candidates that can pass a drug screen and background check will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.