Painesville, OH 44077 US
A manufacturing company is seeking a Shipping/Receiving Clerk who will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments, prepare items for shipment, operate lift trucks, hand trucks, or crane to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas. This is a first shift opportunity.
- Operate the stretch wrap bander and steel strapping equipment
- Unpack, examine, and route incoming shipments, reject damaged items, records shortages, correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages, and receive and process all defective parts returned for replacement or credit
- Pack parts, thread protect, skid parts, wrap, and inspect material prior to shipping on a daily basis
- Perform all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods
- Support the shipment of goods, received goods, and supplies and make arrangements for pick up by specific carrier via the shipping instructions
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- Keep an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times, maintain clean and orderly work area and equipment, and follow prescribed safety regulations
- May be required to make pick-ups and deliveries using a company van
- Must have prior shipping and receiving experience
- Must be a licensed forklift truck operator
- Must be able to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, and use simple math.
- Must have good communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be safety-conscious, have an eye for detail, and be a reliable, team player
- Must be computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and MES Inventory Software
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
Only candidates that can pass a background, BMV check, and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.