Shipping - Receiving Clerk
Wickliffe, OH 44092
This large manufacturing company is seeking a Shipping & Receiving Clerk to verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepare items for shipment. Hours for this opportunity are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with overtime possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate lift or hand trucks to convey, move, or hoist materials to proper department or areas
- Unpack, examine, and route incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Receive and process all defective returns for replacement or credit
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Perform all computer functions necessary to track all goods
- Make shipping arrangements by the carrier specified on customers purchase order
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Minimum high school education and 3 to 5 years of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving
- Must be able to read and write English, follow verbal instructions, and have basic math skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be a licensed forklift truck operator
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to take initiative and be thorough in your work
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or move 50+ pounds
Only candidates that can pass a background check and a drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.