Willoughby, OH 44094 US
An accounting firm is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Review tax information submitted by client, develop open items lists, answer client questions, and review tax returns
- Prepare individual and complex tax returns of various complexities, as well as, tax projections
- Ability to prepare write-ups from client documentation or client’s software for reporting and preparing tax returns
- Prepare and review sales, tax returns, payroll taxes, and other small business filing requirements
- Assume in-charge responsibilities on assigned client groups
- Perform research projects, communicate with clients regarding routine assignments, and complete basic depreciation tasks
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the company's software
- Complete basic financial statements, identify proper reports and statements, and review audits and work papers
- Meet client and firm deadlines and assist with audit fieldwork
- Possess a thorough understanding of technical issues, practice specialty standards, and the laws and regulations used to identify and provide solutions for complex client issues and problems
- Assist in training and development of staff and perform other duties as assigned
- Must have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or related subject at an accredited university
- Must have a minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in related work or tax return preparation; Public accounting experience is a plus
- Must be pursuing or have required credit hours for the CPA exam
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, follow-through, and time management skills
- Must have the ability to perform work accurately and in a timely manner while paying a high attention to detail, and meeting all internal deadlines
- Must have a positive attitude, demonstrate a level of intellectual curiosity, accept constructive feedback, and make adjustments
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel are required
- Must have the ability to work in a productive, team-oriented environment while maintaining a professional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Develop leadership skills and qualities, recommend ideas to improve productivity and quality, demonstrate the ability to network with peers and professionals, and communicate with management on complex issues is needed
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.