Secondary Machining Supervisor
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128 US
A manufacturing company is seeking a Secondary Machining Supervisor who will oversee the operations of the Secondary Department and set-up and operate Drill Presses, Milling, Grinders, Sanders, and Tapper Machines. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Schedule day-to-day work assignments for all team members, provide specific work instructions, and distribute job cards to all secondary machinists
- Check castings against prints, maintain job instructions, and quality checklist
- Keep inventory of drills, taps, coolant, etc. and order when necessary
- Monitor daily production levels, employee efficiency, and improvement of machining processes
- Routinely review work order backlog deadlines and requirements and attend daily production meetings
- Work directly with other department supervisors to expedite priority jobs in order to meet delivery requirements
- Act as a liaison to the maintenance department to assure machines are operating effective and efficiently
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have a minimum 5 years Machinist and Supervisory experience
- Must have a thorough understanding of continuous process improvements
- Must have the ability to solve problems and multi-task
- Must have excellent communication skills, be reliable, dependable, and a team player
- Must have steel toed footwear
Only those candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers competitive wages and benefits upon permanent hire.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Secondary Machining Supervisor position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (440) 788-4151, or TEXT “your name & 171484” to (440) 646-2409.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.