Screw Machinist - Acme Gridley
Brooklyn, OH 44144
A large manufacturing firm is seeking a Screw Machinist who will maintain, troubleshoot, and repair ACME Gridley machines. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and overtime on Fridays.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and repair machines
- Instruct other employees in use, care, and operation of machines
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance
- Read and understand mechanical and pneumatic blueprints
- Use dial indicators, height gages, micrometers, etc.
- Complete all paperwork following proper procedures
- Properly identify parts and enter production information into computer
- Perform all safety inspections to equipment daily, follow all company policies, procedures, and safety rules
- Select feeds and speeds, grind, and set-all tools necessary to troubleshoot machine problems
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 5 or more years setting-up and operating Acme Gridley Screw Machines
- Experience rebuilding ACME Gridley automatic screw machines is a plus
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical and pneumatic blueprints. Ability to read electrical blueprints is a plus
- Must be able to use all precision measuring equipment, as well as the ability to select feeds and speeds
- Must have a sense of urgency, be organized, and logically solve problems
- Must have excellent communication skills, as well as reading, writing, and mathematical abilities
- Must be able to maintain work area in a neat and orderly manner, follow company policies, procedures, and safety rules, and wear personal protection equipment when necessary
Only candidates that can pass a background check will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.