Quality Technician - 2 Needed
Mentor, OH 44060 US
A manufacturing company is seeking Quality Technicians who are responsible for the quality and integrity of our manufactured product and the efficient and accurate functioning of the Quality System. You will work Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Work from specification sheets, sketches, prints, work orders, and verbal instructions to assist the Inspectors in performing inspections and determining the status of produced parts and raw materials
- Translate orders, contracts, specifications, and engineering drawings into inspection instructions and control plans
- Maintain the non-conformance system, including tracking, documentation, follow up, and correction, oversee the returned goods process, and maintain the Quality Quarantine area
- Train and guide organization personnel through new practices, expectations, certifications, blueprint decoding, measuring equipment, quality standards, work Instruction and procedure interpretation, and inspection plans
- Create and maintain departmental documentation; Procedures, forms, reference and inspection documents
- Monitor employee quality performance and provide documented feedback
- Design and perform Capability Studies, design and perform required First Article Inspections and PPAPs, Oversee the Gauge Control program, conduct Process Audits, aid in designing and implementing corrective actions, and aid the Quality Manager in bringing projects to completion
- Create regular reports highlighting audit and inspection performance and areas that require improvement and maintain close working relationship with production personnel to ensure a smooth and efficient flow of quality products
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, follow all safety rules and regulations, wear required recommended safety equipment, adhere to all environmental regulations, and following safety precautions on materials as per MSDS sheets
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of quality processes, document control, metrology, and statistical process control in a manufacturing environment is required
- Must have experience with ISO 9000 or comparable QMS and a working knowledge of GD&T
- Must be methodical, meticulous, observant, a self-starter capable of working efficiently and effectively without supervision with excellent communication skills
- The ability to separate problems with processes and equipment from people and be logical and equitable in their approach
- Must be proficient with measuring instruments including dial calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, height gauges, tape measures, dial indicators, and precision scales
- Must have a working knowledge interpreting specifications sheets, sketches, prints, and work orders
- Must have the ability to continuously walk or stand, frequently lifting, and inspect brushes and cylinders weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must be a team player, maintain a neat and orderly condition work area, and be safety-conscious using tools, equipment, and material
- Must be able to complete all required records, reports, and forms in a neat, accurate and timely fashion
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.