Quality Inspector - 2 needed
Cleveland, OH 44114
This manufacturing/distribution company is seeking Quality Control Inspectors for immediate opportunities to maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products, and recording quality position. There is an opening on both first and second shift.
- Approve incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products by confirming specifications, conduct visual and measurement tests, and reject and return unacceptable materials
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarize re-work and waste, and inputting data into quality database
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and call for repairs
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards, procedures, and comply with legal regulations
- Accomplish quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Inspect 1st piece samples from production lines and vendors and record results into Quality Assurance Inspection database
- Perform receiving inspection of raw steel and/or production parts and enter the results of these inspections into Quality Assurance database
- Assist in the calibration of in-house gaging and enter the results of these calibrations into the calibration database
- Prepare micro hardness test samples for testing
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and regulations and keep work area clean
- Perform other work as directed by supervisor
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum two (2) years’ of related quality experience
- A mechanical background with the ability to operate precision and general inspection equipment and perform calibration on a variety of gages
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English and interpret work documents including manuals
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools such as Word and Excel is needed
- Must have basic math skills, ability to read and understand blueprints, and operate measurement instruments
- Must have a high energy level and be comfortable handling multiple tasks in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Must have good interpersonal skills, ability to get along with diverse personalities, and be tactful, mature, and flexible
- Good reasoning abilities, communication skills, sound judgment, resourceful and well organized are all needed
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and list up to 40 pounds
- Able to perform without direct supervision
Only candidates that can pass a background check will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.