Quality Control Technician
Cleveland, OH 44108
Established manufacturing company is offering a full-time position for a Quality Control Technician to perform laboratory testing on finished products and/or raw materials to determine chemical or physical characteristics or composition of such materials for quality control purposes, and to perform scheduled and random inspection of in-process and finished material. Hours are Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain samples of finished product and/or raw material for assigned testing
- Set-up, adjust, and operate all pertinent laboratory equipment and instruments such as balances or digital scales, ovens, and furnaces
- Test material physical properties such as percent ash, percent moisture, viscosity, pen, density, and other characteristics to verify conformity to specifications
- Perform incoming testing and/or confirmation testing on incoming raw materials. This includes SP and elevated pen. Tabulate the data on the server and notify the supervisor or any discrepancies
- Select random samples and perform confirmation testing. Tabulate the data on the server along with plant data and notify the supervisor of any discrepancies
- Check bag temperature throughout the day and compare it to operator data. Report discrepancies to supervisor and prepare daily report for supervisor
- Collect samples as required for R&D
- Input and analyze data into Excel spreadsheets for finished products
- Clean and calibrate laboratory equipment and plant testing equipment
- Responsible for keeping work areas clean and orderly
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree is required with a focus in science; Bachelor Degree preferred
- Must be proficient with Excel Spreadsheets
- Must be detail-oriented and safety-conscious
- Must have a solid work history
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.