Quality Control Inspector
Strongsville, OH 44149
A distribution company is seeking a Quality Control Inspector to ensure that all required quality standards are upheld and to confirm document and procedure compliance with ISO requirements. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Ensure all incoming material is checked and verified and all material is labeled correctly and stored properly and all outgoing materials is inspected
- Verify packing lists and certifications for outgoing material
- Coordinate the handling of all rejected material, return to vendor if needed, and complete all paperwork
- File claims, discuss weight and/or material discrepancies, fill out correction action reports, follow-through on credits issued, invoices are fixed, and certifications are obtained
- Assist with ISO audits and certifications
- Calibrate all measuring instruments and maintain documentation
- Handle quarterly product inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum Associate’s Degree in a Quality Assurance related field
- Must have at least 5 years demonstrated progressive responsibility in a manufacturing quality control inspection position
- Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001:2015
- Comprehensive metals and measurement knowledge is required
- Must be proficient in using and reading all measurement instruments
- Must have knowledge of HBW and other hardness testing, able to read a mill certification, and experience implementing Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of Six sigma strategies and implementation
- Must be open to working flexible and overtime hours as needed
- Must be comfortable working with changing priorities
- Must be able to work with all co-workers, customers, and suppliers
- Must have the ability to complete all required paperwork on time
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.