Quality Control Inspector - 3 needed
Mentor, OH 44060 US
A manufacturing company is seeking a couple Quality Control Inspectors who will be responsible for the quality and integrity of our manufactured product. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Work from specification sheets, sketches, prints, work orders and verbal instructions to perform all inspections
- Provide assistance to the Quality Manager for projects related to research and development, production technology, and quality control as applicable
- Inspect visual appearance of product and containers, quantity verification, maintain dimensional and documentation accuracy, and use dial and vernier calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, height verniers, tape measures, dial indicators, precision scales, and Rockwell/Durometer hardness testing
- Conduct first piece and in process inspections of manufactured product as required
- Responsible for identification, documentation, segregation, reporting of non-conforming materials, and providing daily inspection report to Quality Manager
- Maintain close working relationship with production personnel to ensure a smooth and efficient production flow of quality products
- Perform statistical process control check and interpret charts as required; training will be provided if needed
- Maintain clean, efficient, and properly operate inspection equipment environment
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, wear recommended safety equipment, follow safety precautions on MSDS sheets, adhere to all environmental regulations, and attend and participate in all required training sessions
- Detect and report any faulty equipment, defective material, improper operation, unsafe or unusual conditions to a supervisor or other responsible manager
- Seek to always improve production processes, product quality, and worker safety
- Perform other duties as needed
- Knowledge of production processes and products; Quality processes and statistical process control experience is a plus
- Must have a working knowledge interpreting engineering drawings
- Must be a self starter capable of working efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Must have good communication, methodical, meticulous and observant
- Must have the ability to use calipers, tape measure, micrometers, gauges, and verniers
- Must be able to operate tow motor and have a valid operator’s license
- Must have the ability to continuously walk or stand, frequently lifting, and inspect brushes and cylinders weighing up to 25 pounds
- Must be a team player, maintain a neat and orderly condition work area, and be safety-conscious using tools, equipment, and material
- Must be able to complete all required records, reports, and forms in a neat, accurate and timely fashion
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.