Bedford Heights, OH 44146
A manufacturing and distribution company has an immediate opportunity available for a Purchasing Assistant who will be responsible for ensuring uninterrupted and timely support of various product lines into our warehouse and directly to our customers. You will work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Enter direct purchase orders
- Monitor inventory levels of assigned vendors, items, and remote warehouses, review orders, and place orders with vendors
- Validate vendor price increases, process new item requests, set-up items in system, and place initial purchase orders
- Execute vendor returns and claims
- Assist with in-depth item level sourcing and merchandising
- Build and maintain supplier relationships
- Negotiate vendor contract pricing, process requests for quotes, and replenish inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have at High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 3 to 5 years Purchasing experience preferably in the Distribution, packaging, corrugated or food packaging industry
- Must be proficient with Word and Excel
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must have excellent communication, listening, and customer service skills
- Must have a high level of motivation, a sense of urgency, and follow-through
- Must be a team play with a willingness to learn
Only candidates that can pass a background check and a drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.