Purchasing Assistant - Part-time
Elyria, OH 44035
A manufacturing company is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to compile information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material. You will work 5 hours Monday through Friday, for a total of 25 hours each week.
- Develop a purchase order for each product ordered and verify all information
- Maintain all inventory items
- Verify bills from suppliers with bids and purchase order and approve bills
- Maintain a list of suppliers and negotiate with vendors to get the best possible price and service guarantee
- Verify receipt of items received by comparing items to items ordered, resolving shipments in error with supplier, and organize vendor returns
- Authorize payments for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have previous experience with MRP systems
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task, be organized, and detailed
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.