Kent, OH 44240 US
A manufacturing company is seeking a Purchasing Agent to perform routine and complex clerical and technical work in purchasing materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and services. You will work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Review requisitions, confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
- Select products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items and estimate values according to knowledge of market price
- Prepare purchase orders, bid requests, and maintain procurement records
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Approve discrepant invoices for payment and expedite delivery of goods to users
- Maintains a variety of material, supply, equipment, and other lists of items and purchases supplies, raw materials, parts, services and supplies
- Check all invoices to ensure correct price, follow-through to ensure that materials ordered have been received, and examines condition of materials received
- Interview vendors to obtain information relative to product, price, ability of vendor to produce product, service and delivery date
- Supervise inventory and supply room operations and assures that proper inventories are maintained
- Verify material received against requisitions and invoices to determine propriety of order and inspect articles for quality control purposes
- Negotiate inbound/outbound truckload freight rates, maintain electronic data base, files of quotes, and supplier reference files
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and 2 years of specialized course work in Purchasing, Business, Inventory Control, negotiating skills or a related field, and 3 to 5 years of related buying experience, or 4-year business degree from an accredited college or university, and/or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures, a working knowledge of sources of supplies, price trends, and grades or quality of materials and equipment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, able to create spreadsheets, and database software knowledge
- Must have the ability to analyze and process purchasing requisitions and vouchers and make purchasing decisions accordingly
- Must be able to maintain complex purchasing and inventory records
- The ability to communicate effectively as well as, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, other departments, vendors is required
- Must have the ability to multi-task, be organized, and pay a high attention to detail
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.