Personal Injury Paralegal
Beachwood, OH 44122 US
A busy law firm is seeking a Paralegal to assist litigation attorneys by preparing and reviewing documents, communicating with clients, medical personnel, and insurance representatives. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Meet with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects
- Draft routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and discovery requests
- File motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures
- Request and review medical records, itemized billing statements, subrogation liens, and other accident-related documentation for relevance
- Assemble special packages, enter attorney time into Timeslips, schedule appointments and meetings, and handle calendar appointments, meetings, and court dates
- Prepare, organize, store, and retrieve case files
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies or related field is preferred, but not required
- Must have previous Paralegal experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An Understanding of legal language and principles, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters is needed
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Must have excellent interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and time management skills
- Must be able to pay a high attention to detail with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills while having the ability to function in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- The Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment is mandatory
- Must be able to sit at a desk working on a computer for prolonged periods and lifting up to 15 pounds
Only those candidates that can pass a background check or drug screen will be considered. This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.