Independence, OH 44131 US
A local company is seeking a Payroll Specialist to help build upon an already strong accounting and payroll team to help support future growth. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Enter and review weekly timesheets, travel pay, and process weekly payroll check runs
- Set up new hires and maintain existing employee master files
- Processing of monthly CCIP reports
- Understand requirements and prepare and file weekly certified payrolls
- Assist with organizing union agreements and update union payroll tracking sheets
- Manage and understand periodic union time reporting requirements
- Provide support in maintaining annual benefit elections and associated payroll deductions
- Scan and organize past payroll records, while maintaining current record-keeping requirements
- Assist with processing and filing of quarterly payroll tax requirements
- Deliver audit support of payroll records when necessary
- Provide back-up to the Payroll Manager and other staff when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A BA or BS Degree with an emphasis in Accounting preferred
- Must have 2 to 3 years’ experience in Accounting and/or Payroll; prior work in Construction or Job Cost Accounting is preferred
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite; Advanced knowledge of Excel (VLOOKUP, formulas, etc.) is a plus
- Must have Accounting Software knowledge; Viewpoint Spectrum, HCSS HeavyJob, or Equipment 360 knowledge is a plus
- Must have a curious mind asking “why” with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of situations
- Must have excellent communication and strong organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-pace, demanding work environment, while prioritizing tasks
- Must always exhibit a positive attitude and be a quick learner with a thirst for knowledge
Only those candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. This company offers competitive pay and benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.