Beachwood, OH 44122 | Temp-to-Hire
This accounting firm is seeking a Paraprofessional Accountant/Bookkeeper to join their growing team. You will be responsible for managing and performing the bookkeeping functions for our clients. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Record monthly financial transactions in clients’ books and records using QuickBooks Pro
- Work closely with our clients staff to ensure tax compliance is complete and deadlines are met
- Prepare clients monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare payroll reports, all monthly and quarterly payroll tax returns for clients in a timely fashion, including applicable federal, state, and local payroll taxed and all related on-line filings
- Reconcile client’s trial balance, assemble work papers that document and support the period end account balances in clients’ books and records
- Assist with client communications
- Prepare interim and year-end complied financial statements
- Post participant account activity for medical, dental, disability, and life insurance plans, 401(k) plans, and flex spending plans
- Manage the internal account system as needed for the client
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Minimum five years paraprofessional accountant, staff accountant, or bookkeeper experience. Experience in a public accounting firm is preferred
- Immediate to advanced level of skill with QuickBooks Accounting Software, ProAdvisor Certification is preferred
- Excellent level of skill with Excel
- Must be comfortable working with a variety of public accounting systems, including ProSystem FX, Fixed Assets CS, and Creative Solutions
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements associated with processing payroll transactions and preparation of payroll returns
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Dependable, driven, willing, and able to learn
This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.