Optical Coating Technician
Highland Heights, OH 44143 US
Do you have good vision, strong dexterity skills, and an eye for detail? If so, please check out this job. We are looking for an individual to train to become an Optical Coating Technician. You will handle, clean, inspect, and package very small optical parts. You will begin your day at 7, 7:30, or 8 a.m. and work 40 hours each week.
- Produce optical filter coatings for precision lenses used in military night vision systems
- Design and modify equipment, build, assembly, and install components
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED; Some college engineering or vocational education preferred
- Must have experience working in an engineering or technical environment, previous clean room, and vacuum coating machine experience
- Must be mechanically inclined to repair and assemble equipment
- Knowledge of computer systems and scientific equipment is required
- Must have excellent eyesight and ability to visually inspect small parts and detect deformities and contaminates
- Dexterity with the ability to handle small and fragile parts is needed
- Must have a willingness to learn new skills and flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Any candidate that has experience with optical coatings is a big plus; however, training is available for any applicant who is looking to start a new career opportunity
Competitive pay scale, benefits, and opportunities for growth are available upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.