Cleveland, OH 44114
A manufacturing company is offering an immediate, first shift position for a Metallurgical Inspector.
- Prepare samples for metallurgical inspection
- Perform micro hardness checks and other metallurgical evaluation on samples as stated in specifications
- Evaluate incoming material against material specifications
- Perform receiving inspection on material from vendors and approve or reject
- Approve in-process and finished products by confirming specifications, conducting tests, and discussing adjustments with supervisor
- Document inspection results
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following routine maintenance
- Maintain safe, clean, and healthy work environments
- Perform other duties as directed
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree in Metallurgy or Material Science is preferred
- Must have 2+ years’ experience in metallurgical testing including sample preparation
- Must have a good understanding of metallurgical properties of steel and heat treatment process
- Must have the ability to operate general and precision inspection equipment
- Must have basic math skills including fractions and decimals
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills is required
- Must be able to pay strong attention to detail with the ability to organize and multi-task
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.