Medical Billing Specialist
Cleveland, OH 44113 US
A local medical practice is seeking a Medical Billing Specialist who will be responsible for all billing activities and collection of amounts due. Work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Submit claims, on a daily basis, to insurance companies to ensure prompt processing and payment
- Follow-up on unpaid claims and resolve any billing issues
- Identify and resolve patient billing questions and issues
- Post all charges, payments, and adjustments in a timely manner
- Get insurance verification prior to date of service for any government or commercial payers
- Review accounts for possible assignment to collection agency
- Maintain confidentiality and follow office policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a High School Diploma of GED
- Must have at least 1 year physician billing experience with specific knowledge in a medical terminology and CPT/ICD Coding
- Must be familiar with Medicare, Medicaid, and health care regulations, billing, and reporting
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge is required
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and math skills
- Must be fluent in English; Spanish speaking is preferred
- Must be able to abide by all policies, procedures, and confidentiality rules
Only candidate that can pass a background, credit check, and drug screen will be considered. All applicants must be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Billing Specialist position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (216) 706-7347, or TEXT “your name & 171545” to (216) 227-3133.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.