Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 | Temp-to-Hire
This medical facility is seeking a Medical Biller for a full-time position. You will be responsible for posting all office service charges, assigning appropriate CPT & ICD-9 codes, posting ambulatory surgical services, verifying patient insurance eligibility, and assisting patients and front desk staff. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Daily input of all office routing slip charges
- Verify EMR office service/procedure notes are signed and completed
- Daily input of all radiology, pathology charges, and laboratory test
- Assign appropriate CPT/ICD-9 codes, post ambulatory surgical services, and verify follow-up appointments
- Perform prior authorizations, pre-determinations, verify benefits, and set-up patient co-payment assistance
- Verify patient insurance for front office when patients have no documentation and assist if referral is required
- Answer phone calls and assist patient billing inquiries
- Answer staff questions regarding self-pay fees, diagnoses for test ordered, and patient co-pays and balances on account
- Correct patient demographic and insurance information in computer as necessary
- Perform other duties as needed
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Training in CPT, ICD-9, and ICM-10 Coding, knowledge of insurance payer codes, and at least 1 year billing/coding experience
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skill, with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure effectively
- Must pay attention to detail and have the ability to interact effectively with others
- Must be computer literate with accurate typing skills
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered. A benefit package is available upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.