Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Mentor, OH 44060
A manufacturing company is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician for a full-time position. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Visually and mechanically inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Detect malfunction and discuss variations to diagnose problems
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery
- Install and repair electrical apparatus, process piping, and general building plumbing
- Lay-out, assemble, install, and maintain pipe system and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repair and replace gauges, valves, etc.
- Repair and maintain building and grounds maintenance
- Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment
- Set-up and operate machine tools, cutting torch, welding equipment, and high speed equipment
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, stairs, walkways, and platforms
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have an Associates' Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, write simple correspondence, and effectively present information
- Must be able to add and subtract two digit numbers, multiply, and divide
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written and oral instructions, and deal with problems is required
- Must be able to work at extended heights on platforms, ceiling, roof levels, and in confined spaces
- Must be able to follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe, neat, and orderly work area in accordance with all regulations
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.