Maple Heights, OH 44137 US
A manufacturing company is seeking a Material Handler to identify, transport, pack, and remove and dispose of materials and oversees general housekeeping and maintenance of the production work areas. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Transport materials and complete prep-work to support slitting operations to maintain an on-time schedule
- Consistently setting up the next job and assist in setting up of the slitter for daily operation
- Transport incoming materials from shipping area to assigned locations and all materials requested for any machine operator as needed, when able by prepping jobs
- Transport and store unused rolls from machine operators back into their proper locations and place various raw materials from receiving department to proper location in warehouse
- Deliver custom finished products from slitter to shipping
- Empties dump hoppers and gaylords and operate the bailer for disposal of recyclable materials
- Maintain materials in the proper locations in the warehouse and maintain a clean atmosphere in the warehouse
- Work with outside vendor to dispose of skids as needed
- Perform other activities as requested
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to operate a tow motor with safety knowledge
- Must have knowledge of the operation of material handling equipment, including powered lift trucks, and is able to learn the various materials used at our facility
- Must have the ability to follow accepted protocols, delivers commitments when expected, model punctuality, and support group decisions
- Must be able to adapt to changing demands and circumstances without difficulty, while maintaining composure and effectiveness under demanding circumstances
- Must have the ability to discern between various materials that are very similar and accurately and quickly pull and provide materials for machine set-ups
- Reading and interpreting paperwork to ensure proper materials are used for production, along with the accurate completion of required paperwork is needed
- Must have strong communication and listening skills
- Must be honest, prompt, dependable with a positive attitude
- Must have dependable transportation
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Material Handler position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, call (440) 253-2983, or TEXT “your name & 172361” to (440) 887-4013.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.