Manufacturing Shop Foreman
Streetsboro, OH 44241 US
A large manufacturing company is seeking a Shop Foreman to supervise daily operations of full assembly or machine shop, manage staff and job schedules, oversee inventory control, coordinate maintenance and management of equipment, and ensure efficiency of operations. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Perform routine inventory counts and notify Purchasing of inventory and shop supply re-order
- Pull parts for jobs and record inventory stock changes
- Inspect, count, measure weigh, etc. and put away delivered vendor parts
- Inspect, count, and put away machined parts and post job production or work tickets for shipments
- Forward yellow picking sheets with shipping information to front office for shipment processing and package orders for small parcel pick-up
- Assist and back-up as needed for assembly work, production scheduling, shipping orders, lapping, deburring, sandblasting parts, etc.
- Routine assembly work for standard stock orders
- Clean and maintain assembly and inventory areas
- Must have prior experience as a Supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Must be able to manage staff and job schedules, oversee inventory, and coordinate maintenance of equipment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, as well as, organizational skills
- Must have the ability to coordinate with multiple departments to maintain optimized work flow
- Basic computer knowledge is needed
- Must be able to perform minor administrative duties; filing, purchasing, inventory, and maintenance requests
Only those candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 330-468-4469 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.