Painesville, OH 44077 US
A Manual Machinist is needed to produce production parts to close tolerances by setting up and operating a variety of metal working machines to make fixtures, new parts, rework old parts, select feeds, speeds, and devises, and some simple tooling for varying material and conditions. This is a first shift opportunity.
- Set-up and operate lathes, mills, grinders, saws, and drill presses
- Read and interpret drawings, sketches, written instructions, specifications, and charts
- Measure and mark dimensions and reference point on material surfaces and verify manufactured parts are within specification and tolerance
- Repair previously made parts by reworking them as required and determine type and dimensions of material needed for repairs
- Observe machines and equipment operation to diagnose machine or tooling malfunctions and determine the need for adjustment, repair, or replacement of tools or tool holders
- Make necessary adjustments to equipment and perform minor maintenance and lubricate machine tools and equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 3 years on-the-job experience
- Must have previous experience setting up and operating Lathe, Mill, Grinding, Saw, and Drill Press Machines
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, written instructions, and equipment specification
- Must possess knowledge of strength and characteristics of materials, and experience in single point machining
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks productively and efficiently
- Must have the ability to demonstrate proficiency in general mathematics, algebra, geometry and trigonometry and able to work with fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, and metric conversions
- Must be able to make deductive and inductive reasoning judgments, think ahead, recognize consequences of actions and determine how a particular task can best be done
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.