Ashtabula, OH 44004
A manufacturing company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to troubleshoot and correct mechanical, electrical and control issues encountered throughout the shift. Candidates can choose to work 2nd shift (3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.) or 3rd shift (11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.).
- Troubleshoot and correct mechanical, electrical and control issues
- Execute PM’s and inspections and document inspections, including scale verifications and hoist inspections
- Troubleshoot and repair rotating equipment, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical power distribution, controls, packaging equipment & plant utilities
- Assist the maintenance and shift supervisors in meeting the daily goals
- Assist with safety inspections
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by maintenance supervisor or management
- A minimum of 5 years as a maintenance mechanic
- Familiarity with industrial electrical maintenance and general aptitude for mechanical troubleshooting
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical diagrams, schematics and instructions; able to apply to the troubleshooting of equipment
- Ability to react appropriately during plant power outages or emergencies
- Must have industrial electrical maintenance experience; county-certified is preferred
- Ability to test electrical voltages up to 480V/3 phase
- Must have fabrication and electrical wire welding experience; welding certification preferred
- Ability to service filters, belts and motors on rooftop air handler units
- Willingness to attend outside training classes and seminars.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work
- Must be able to bend and stand for extended periods of time and withstand exposure to heat and cold
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Only candidates that can pass a background check and a drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.