Maintenance Mechanic A
West Salem, OH 44287
A development and manufacturing company is offering an immediate full-time opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic A who will assist the department in keeping the building and equipment functioning at all times in order to have minimal unscheduled downtime. This is first shift from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and correct failures through the proper dismantling, repairing, assembling, and installation of complex machinery
- Make repairs and/or fabricate in accordance with drawings or other specifications
- Perform welding and maintain hydraulic, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Use Machine tools, materials, shop practice, and high lift machinery
- Maintain all appropriate records and paperwork as directed
- Maintain the shop and job site in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion
- Comply with all plant safety rules and regulations
- Correct any safety violations that is needed
- Maintain all lock-out and tag-out safety precautions
- Guide, direct, and train others
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have at least 2 years industrial electricity and machine troubleshooting and repair experience
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and good reasoning abilities
- Must have own hand and power tools
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, welding and, fabrication skills
- Must have the ability to follow all safety rules pertaining to maintenance projects
- Must have strong listening and communication skills
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.