Hudson, OH 44236 US
A law firm is seeking a Secretary who has experience in labor, employment, and/or litigation to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. This is an immediate, full-time opportunity working Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Transcribe and proofread legal documents
- Index and update pleading files
- Handle discovery procedures
- Monitor litigation and administrative deadlines and maintain firms' calendar docket
- Maintain client files
- Assist and support attorneys as needed
- Answer phones and perform other duties when required
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED; Associate Degree preferred
- Prior Legal experience and knowledge of electronic court filing requirements and procedures is required
- Must be able to use a digital transcriber
- Must be familiar with discovery process with the ability to monitor litigation and meet deadlines
- Must be comfortable with legal terms, statutes, rules, regulations, and case law
- Must be proficient using MS Office Suite and database software
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills while paying attention to detail
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters and materials
- Must have reliable transportation
This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Legal Secretary position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (216) 575-7145, or TEXT “your name & 172075” to (216) 458-1784.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.