Amherst, OH 44001 US
A busy Domestic Relations law firm is seeking a high-level Legal Secretary to join their team. Work hours are Monday through Friday first shift.
- Answer incoming phone calls and returning missed calls
- Schedule consultations for new clients and determine the need for current clients
- Set court hearings and maintain Attorney’s calendar
- Perform front office and administrative functions and prepare and email client intake form and Fee Agreement to new or returning clients
- Handle documents pertaining to divorce, adoption, property settlements, etc.
- Set up new client files, scan all client related documents into client’s online file, maintain filing into client's paper file, and complete file closeout process for closed cases
- Verify all hearings noted on court orders are documented on Attorney’s calendar, prepare drafts for Attorney review, and court packets for filing
- Follow up to ensure timely submission, assist client with discovery responses, and organize and scan all discovery documents into client folder
- Must have a minimum 2 years working experience as a paralegal or legal Secretary
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and appropriate formatting of documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel is required
- Must have strong organizational and follow-through skills, while being detail-oriented with ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Accuracy and efficiency while staying focused and calm under pressure is needed
- Must have the ability to work independently, take responsibility, initiative, solve problems using sound judgment, and handle confidential and sensitive information
- Notary Public a plus
Only candidates that can pass a background check will be considered.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Legal Secretary position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (216) 706-7347, or TEXT “your name & 172155” to (216) 227-3133.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.