Legal Secretary - Employment Law
Akron, OH 44308 | Contracting/Project
An Employment Law and Litigation firm is seeking a Legal Secretary to cover for a 3 month medical leave. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Transcribe and type all correspondence, letters, court documents, legal forms, and internal administrative forms
- Handle incoming, outgoing, and internal mails
- Maintain orderly filing of correspondence for all matters
- Correct and update client billings and give to Accounting for final processing
- Maintain schedules, calendars, and travel arrangements for attorneys and/or paralegals
- Perform secretarial overflow duties
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Must have a High School diploma or GED; post-secondary related education or training is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Legal Secretarial experience
- Must have strong experience in Employment Law and Litigation
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office and typing skills of 60+ wpm
- Must have transcription experience
- Must have strong knowledge of legal vocabulary and abbreviations
- Must have excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading, and communication skills
- Must be able to plan, organize, and prioritize work load
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure with deadlines and changing priorities
- Must have a customer service attitude, along with a compassion towards clients
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.