Key Machine Technician
Northfield, OH 44067 US
A manufacturing company is seeking a Key Machine Technician to manufacture and service several types of key duplication machines ranging from mechanical machines and electronic devices to fully automated PC controlled machines. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Perform key machine testing and work in progress inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
- Lift parts, sub-assemblies and/or machines weighing up to 75 pounds
- Build, tear-down, troubleshoot, repair, and refurbish complex and intricate mechanical and electrical assemblies, as well as PC-based machine control systems
- Install finished assemblies and sub-assemblies into case and enclosures
- Rework mechanical and electrical components back to specification
- Take calls from field technicians to assist with machine troubleshooting and/or repairing of machines in the field
- Perform other key machine-related duties as assigned
- Must have a High School diploma or GED
- Must have at least 2 years of electronic equipment assembly, diagnostics, repairs experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The ability to read and comprehend mechanical, electrical drawings, and assembly instructions along with the ability to communicate technical knowledge with internal and external customers
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, work well in group problem solving situations, and use reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- The ability to manage difficult or emotional situations for customers, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit customer feedback to improve service, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments is required
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, adaptability, dependability, and planning skills
- Must be able to observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly
- Must be comfortable using a wide variety of computer-based office tools and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
Only those candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Key Machine Technician position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (216) 575-7145, or TEXT “your name & 171479” to (216) 458-1784.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.