Honing Machine Operator
Strongsville, OH 44149
A development and manufacturing company is seeking a Honing Machine Operator to set-up and operate vertical honing machines to hone internal or external surfaces of metal objects, connect rods to specification, analyze specifications, and select tooling according to honing procedures. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Obtain dimension, tolerances, and number of parts in run from job order and instruction from job setter
- Position work piece in fixture or on machine table and secure it with clamps and wrenches, verifying positions with instruments
- Select feed rate honing speed, depth cut, and honing tool for each operation
- Position and secure tool in spindle
- Move controls to position tool in relation to work piece and to set feed rate and spindle speed
- Start machine and turn hand wheels to feed tool to work piece
- Measure honed work piece for conformance to specification using electro-mechanical limit, surface, and telescoping gages, and micrometers
- Use special optical inspection equipment and replace work honing stones
- Perform all other duties as required
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and trade school, vocational education or apprenticeship
- Must have 2 to 4 years’ experience in work related environment
- Must be able to read blueprints and manufacturing sketches
- Must be able to read inspection tools and have knowledge of Quality Control, gages, and micrometers
- Must have knowledge of decimals, fractions, and its application to reading drawings and measuring instruments
- Must be able to set tool lengths for each machine
- Must be able to understand procedures and production schedules
- Must be in good physical with the ability to lift heavy loads and stand for long periods of time
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
- Must be able to work overtime when needed
- Must be a hard worker with a good attitude
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.