Heavy Equipment Technician
A manufacturing and distribution company is seeking a Heavy Equipment Technician to perform assembly, repair, and testing of heavy equipment. Work hours are work Monday through Friday from 7 am. To 3:30 p.m. with occasional overtime and weekends.
- Assemble components per drawings and supplied standards
- Troubleshoot, repair, build, and test various related equipment
- Attend training sessions required for vendor updates and new products
- Responsible for following and working to required safety and housekeeping rules, guidelines, and policies
- Maintain shop equipment and tools in proper working order
- Maintain required work records of repairs, rebuild, and testing
- Maintain sensitivity to CRM
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and Vocational School Graduation
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in mechanical repair of heavy equipment or diesel engines
- Must have a mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel aptitude and knowledge
- Must have strong troubleshooting, testing, and rebuilding of engine transmissions and heavy equipment
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints
- Must have excellent communication, listening, and phone skills
- Knowledge of material handling equipment, welding, metal cutting operations and equipment and instrumentation gages and testing procedures is needed
- Must be able to follow all safety and housekeeping rules, guidelines, and policies
- Technical translation of mechanical product and repair documents and customer and vendor specifications
- Must have own set of complete mechanical hand tools
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.