HR - Payroll Specialist
Bedford Heights, OH 44146
A wholesale distribution company is seeking a HR – Payroll Specialist who will ensure accurate processing and recording of the company’s payroll and performs administrative duties. You will work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Process new hire, employee changes, earnings, and deductions
- Conduct a weekly audit of employees time cards prior to submitting payroll
- Input weekly payroll information
- Enter payroll journal entries into QuickBooks
- Update overtime spreadsheet weekly and submit to general manager and executive team
- Track new hire eligibility for benefits
- Run background checks, complete employment verifications, report and process worker compensation claims, and report unemployment
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have prior HR, payroll processing, and administrative experience
- Must be familiar with workers compensation, unemployment, and benefits
- Must have an eye for detail
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel to create spreadsheets
- Must have accurate data entry skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel when necessary
- A professional, clean, and neat appearance is required
- Must have a solid work history with no attendance issues
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4151 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.