Strongsville, OH 44149
A design and manufacturing company is seeking a Grinder for a first or second shift opportunity.
- Study blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize grinding
- Select grinding wheel and mount on spindle
- Move controls and read dial to set angle of work piece to grinding wheel, following specifications, and dress wheel manually or with preset device
- Position and secure work piece to face plate, magnetic chuck, or in chuck jaws, using wrenches
- Select grinding wheel and work surface speed, and work piece table travel rate
- Use measuring instruments to verify dimensions of ground work piece
- May dress grinding wheel to specified profile, grind nonmetallic materials, and operate tracer attachment to duplicate contours
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience forming grinding wheels
- Must be able to read blueprints and manufacturing sketches
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English and have knowledge of arithmetic involving decimals and fractions
- Must have the ability to read and understand measuring instruments
- Must be able to follow procedures and production schedules
- Must be able to lift heavy loads and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work with little supervision
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-253-2983 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.