Extrusion Technician - 3 Needed
Mentor, OH 44060 US
A manufacturing company is seeking Extrusion Machine Operators to set-up and operate extrusion line using a variety of thermoplastic materials to produce plastic cylinders and profiles which meet specifications and dimensions according to work orders and blueprints. These are openings on both first and second shifts with overtime available.
- Obtain, identify, and load raw material into hopper lifting 55 pound buckets full of plastic pellets, weighs, add color, mix materials, detects flaws, and make required mechanical or material changes as required
- Review work order and blueprints, assemble tooling accordingly, and use hand tools to set up tooling on machines
- Set-up water tank, puller, saw, and start-up temperature profile adjustments, dryer set-ups, resin changeovers, and shutdowns
- Start the extrusion line, visually inspects part for defects, adjust extruder, puller, or saw, and adjust zone, die heat temperatures, and line speed and water pressure as necessary
- Use judgment and knowledge of plastics and their reaction to heat to determine if adjustments are necessary
- Inspect and measure finished parts, use various measuring devices, records data on inspection sheet, and determines if part meets specifications
- Maintain accurate records of production set-ups, extrusion production data sheets, statistical process control, or inspection report sheets
- Determine most effective packing and package finished parts, build framed skids, band with metal bands, cardboard, and packaging finished products
- Complete and submit inventory tags, makes vacuum seals, communicate with other shift employees to relay status of in-process jobs and machines
- Obtain first-piece inspection from designated personnel and follow all prescribed quality inspection requirements
- Set-up, clean, operate, and feed granulators and develop the ability to operate tow motors
- Experienced Technician trains new employees on operating the extrusion line and may direct employees in the absence of the Cell Leader
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, follows all safety rules and regulations, wear required and recommended safety equipment, follow safety precautions on materials as per MSDS sheets, and Adhere to all environmental regulations
- Attend and participate in all required training sessions
- Seek to always improve production processes, product quality, and worker safety, follow all written and verbal instructions
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a mathematical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints and specifications
- Must be able to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Must have basic carpentry skills and able to build wood skids
- Must have the ability to make minor repairs to water tanks
- Must have manual dexterity and able to use all hand tools, lift up to 55 pounds, and carry objects while climbing up and down a ladder
- Must be able to perform routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs to tools and equipment, and refer major repairs to Machine Shop or Maintenance Department
- Must have the ability to maintain work areas in a neat and orderly condition, and completes all required records, reports, and forms in a neat, accurate and timely fashion
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 440-788-4373 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.