Electrical Controls Designer
Willoughby, OH 44094 US
An engineering, designing, and manufacturing company has an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Controls Designer to join their engineering team. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Produce industrial control panel designs consisting of 600 VAC or less power and control components
- Use Autodesk Electrical design suite to generate electrical schematics, panel, and door layouts of custom machinery
- Maintain a working knowledge of NFPA 70, and NFPA 79
- Interpret P&ID, process flows, specifications, and other system design documentation
- Review the dimensional and design data from suppliers
- Participate in product and equipment design reviews with Project Engineer
- Support design efforts to assist in meeting schedule and budget for projects
- Must have an Associates Degree for Drafting or higher or combined related work experience
- Two years Electrical Design experience and AutoCAD or equivalent drafting software is preferred
- Experience with significant hazardous location applications and design experience in a UL-508A panel shop is preferred
- Must be proficient in the use of Autodesk Electrical Design Suite
- Must have a working knowledge of industrial control systems, motor control, and field instrumentation
- Must have the ability to review drawings and datasheets produced by other disciplines to incorporate components into a design
- Must have strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to provide concise and accurate project directions and status updates is needed
Only candidates that can pass a drug screen will be considered. This company offers benefits upon permanent hire.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Electrical Controls Designer position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (440) 253-2983, or TEXT “your name & 172532” to (440) 887-4013.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.