Berea, OH 44017 US
A transportation company is seeking a Dock Worker to load and unload shipping containers, sort, and palletize products. You will work Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; however, you must be available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, and nights.
- Sort, handle, load, and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
- Safely climb in and out of trailers, as well as, walk and stand on loading dock
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Lift freight and other objects that weigh up to 50 pounds frequently and greater than 75 pounds occasionally
- Work safely in adverse weather conditions
- Abide by all company safety policies
- Prior dock or warehouse experience in the transportation industry is a plus
- Prior forklift and truck loading and unloading experience in a freight environment is preferred
- Must be able to follow instructions and complete required training
- Must have the ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Must have good communication and math skills
- Must be motivated and have an eye for detail
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds and bend, twist, squat, push and pull freight
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Must follow all company safety policies
- Must have steel toed or leather boots or shoes
- Must be able to work the required shift
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.