Distillation Operator - 2 Needed
Painesville, OH 44077 US
A manufacturing company is seeking Distillation Operators who will be responsible for feed safety as it relates to this job and is responsible for meeting safety regulations. Work hours are second shift from 6 p.m. to 6:15 a.m.
- Understand still chemical and physical functions, supply and transfer utilities operation, and perform equipment start up, operation, and shut down
- Operate controllers, heat exchangers, condensers, pumps, tempered water, re-boilers, and related apparatus, transfer and process materials, and interpret and adjust parameters according to distillate, tower bottoms, and residue analysis to meet specification
- Know distillation control instrumentation and process loops, record process data for verification and traceability, monitor equipment including flow, level, pressure, and temperature, and address and report leakage and spills
- Participate in equipment and physical plant cleaning, clean process tanks, vacuum system, condensers, and downlegs, report irregularities to supervisor, and maintain work records; recommend improvements and assist with procedure and instruction updates
- Keep distillation facilities and equipment in an orderly condition, maintain access to safety equipment, understand hazards, follow safety and personal protective equipment standards, attend safety seminars, and report accidents and injuries immediately
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have EIG orientation and distillation instruction experience
- Must be able to follow production schedule and instructions, as well as, understand hazards, follow safety and personal protective equipment standards, and attend safety seminars
- Must have the ability to interpret and adjust parameters, know distillation control instrumentation, process loops, and monitor equipment including flow, level, pressure and temperature
- Must understand plotted grave maps and utilities specifications for layout and repair
- Must have steel toed boots, carharts, and rain gear, be comfortable climbing, kneeling, lifting, and working in the elements
Only candidates that can pass a background check or drug screen will be considered.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Distillation Operator position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (216) 575-7145, or TEXT “your name & 171649” to (216) 458-1784.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.