Davenport Screw Machinist
Akron, OH 44310 | Temp-to-Hire or Direct Hire
This manufacturing company is offering immediate, full-time positions for Davenport Screw Machinists. Currently, they are looking for first shift individuals with the potential for second shift; however, you will work 40 hours each week with overtime available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce quality parts and maintain production levels
- Set-up and operate machines
- Enter quality-related information into SPC
- Perform daily lubrications, cleaning out machines, and removing chips for assigned machines
- Sharpen tools, troubleshoot machines, set speeds and feeds, and do minor repairs
- Contribute to the improvement of safety, quality, productivity, and teamwork
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have 2 years Screw Machine operating experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience performing the set-up and operation of a variety of screw machines is required
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and measuring equipment
- Must be mechanically and mathematically inclined and possess a basic mechanical aptitude and skill
- Must have a basic understanding of how to use the tools required in the operation and maintenance of screw machines
- Must be able to work as an individual as well as a member of a team
- Must be able to monitor gauges, dials or other indications to make sure the machine is operating properly
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
For an immediate interview, please call 216-575-7145 or submit your resume to email@example.com.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.