Customer Service Specialist
Elyria, OH 44035 US
A manufacturing company is seeking Customer Service Specialist who will be the central liaison between customer and management, production planning, supply chain, quality, and shipping. Additionally, you will process orders for materials or merchandise received from customers. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Verify customer information, part number, revision, quoted price, and lead time
- Document and scan verbal order information, enter production orders into the computer system, make necessary adjustments, and attach to sales order
- Retain contracts received, access customer websites for requirements, and advise customer of any damages, deterioration, loss of material, or other concerns
- Update part pricing, maintain up-to-date standards and specifications for customer shipping schedule, and reconcile customer consignment inventory weekly
- Maintain files of shipping records, bill of lading, packing lists and shipping notice transactions and provide monthly on-time delivery reports
- Perform other duties as needed
- Must have 1 year certificate from college or technical school; or 3 to 6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination education and experience
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
- Must have the math skills to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, interest, commission, proportions, and percentages
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Must be computer literate with accurate data entry skills
- Must have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- A professional demeanor and telephone presence is required
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
Area Temps still believes that the best way to serve both our employees and our customers is through personal service. To apply for this Customer Service Specialist position, please submit your resume to email@example.com, call (216) 706-7347, or TEXT “your name & 172542” to (216) 227-3133.
For over 35 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.