Medina, OH 44256
A medical facility is seeking a Cook to prepare and cook meals for patients, staff, and guests. You will work 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. or 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. including some weekends.
- Prepare meals and snacks and determine preparation methods and procedures according to daily menu
- Review production sheets, lists, and menus to determine the type and amounts of food to be prepared
- Ensure quality standards are met for food preparation and delivery
- Maintain inventory, ordering, receiving, and storage of food and supplies
- Support dietary personnel to provide a quality food service operation, assist with orientation of new employees, and provide input concerning evaluations
- Maintain safe and sanitary environment for food preparation, storage, and delivery
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment according to agency standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of one year culinary training is preferred
- Any combination of education or experience equivalent to graduation from High School and considerable dietary/cooking experience
- Safe Serve Certification is preferred
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and sanitary regulations and laws is needed
- Must have basic nutrition and modified diet knowledge
- Must have the ability to follow simple and complex recipes and properly operate kitchen appliances and food equipment
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public
- Must be able to occasionally force up to 100 pounds and 25 pounds frequently
For an immediate interview, please call 216-706-7347 or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over 30 years, Area Temps has been committed to providing Northeast Ohio companies with office staffing services, technical, skilled trades, industrial and professional staffing solutions. We measure our success by the thousands of people who have accepted permanent positions with our client companies, either through a direct hire or after successfully completing an initial temporary assignment.